#that moment when you come back from a hiatus and 90% of the people you follow have changed their username
Yeah, no. XD Sherlock series always get moved back. I’m pretty sure it’s a law of Physics.
1) This episode had so many twists and turns that I almost freaking UNHINGED MY JAW from gaping so hard.
2) Magnussen was creepy and disgusting, loved that. Also him acting like he literally owns everything and everyone.
3) John not being in contact with Sherlock for a month, REALLY? Idek, a lot of people say it was Sherlock disconnecting himself, but I think it probably went both ways (who knows how long John was on ~sex holiday~ for anyway XD)
4) John beating up that drug addict. Holy violence, John! You should probably, idk, take up rugby or something to lose some of that energy now you’re not chasing criminals daily anymore.
5) Rugged undercover Sherlock. Mmmmmm (as long as I don’t imagine what he must smell like, lol)
6) Molly picked up some of that violent energy too, it seems (I blame Moffat), slapping Sherlock thrice. Then again he didn’t seem to mind that much, so yeah, have your way I guess. XD Also he pictures her slapping him later in his death dream sequence, so well done, Molly. ~lol
7) Somehow the Holmes parents being in Oklahoma confused me. Why Oklahoma? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? (probably nothing)
8) I feel sorry for Mycroft in this episode. 8[
9) The moment when John sees Janine coming out of Sherlock’s bedroom is glorious. It’s like you can see plainly in his face how his worldview comes crashing down. XD He regains a bit of his composure throughout the convo, but not much. For the whole scene long after Janine’s left, he’s unable to focus on anything to do with Magnussen and you can basically see “what tha fuuuuuuuuu—-” endlessly looping through his mind, haha.
10) Sherlock acting out the normal, loving person is genuinely scary to me ( because he knows how to imitate it so well and uses her so expertly). Clearly a master dick move, but lifted from canon.
I think that his calculated manipulation of Janine is also in part a reaction to John’s wedding. He was pretty bluntly emotional (his actual, own emotions) there and ended up going home alone. Looks like he was really bitter afterwards, he even moved John’s chair away. So he was probably all “FUCK LOVE, IT’S FOR BORING PEOPLE ANYWAY, IT’S ALL A GAME” and it was probably quite easy for him to slip back into absolute cold-hearted s1 Sherlock mode.
11) So Moffat is still sexist and still can’t write a woman who doesn’t get belittled, COLOUR ME SURPRISED (especially could’ve done without Sherlock calling Janine a “whore”, jesus fuck Moffat.)
12) John’s face again completely falling apart (ALLLLLLLLL the awards for Martin Freeman!) when he realises Sherlock is doing all of the relationship shenanigans simply to get to Magnussen. So first he thinks Sherlock is more capable of feelings than he thought, then suddenly it turns into Sherlock being a whole lot more unfeeling than he thought, like s1 Sherlock. Ouch!
13) I love Mary all the more now. XD She didn’t shoot Sherlock for the fun of it, and she didn’t shoot to kill him. I think she is badass and very well deserves a ‘new’ life. I don’t think John eventually coming around to it is out of character at all. If he wasn’t supremely forgiving, he’d definitely have killed Sherlock in series 1. XD I do hope we will learn more about Mary’s past, though.
14) Sherlock’s extended ‘death’ scene is pretty awesome. With a little Lecter-esque Moriarty tucked away in his mind palace’s basement, cute. x) John seems very well put together at the face of all this, but then he IS a pro.
15) Sherlock coming back from death for John. Again. XD
16) Lol @ everyone agreeing that everyone John’s ever met is a psychopath. First of all: what does he mean by “met”? It’s quite obvious he’s only talking about Sherlock and Mary. In which case I trust that it means anyone he’s ever had romantic feelings for. XDD /case closed.
Secondly, even those two aren’t psychopaths, Mary probably even wouldn’t qualify as a sociopath. Durrrrr
John is getting thoroughly mindfucked in this episode. Good on him for not going insane?
17) Mycroft telling Sherlock losing him would break his heart. AWW BLESS.
18) Sherlock’s protegé Bill Wiggins. What. Still not sure what’s going on with that guy or where this is leading. Is he gonna turn out to be someone important? Edit: apparently he was a regular in the books. XD Thanks, preludes-and-prufrock!
20) The goodbye at the airport. Sherlock was very aware of the finality of it, John obviously wasn’t. He probably thought Sherlock would come back eventually, like he always does. And well, he did. XD
21) MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY MORIARTY
YESSSSSSSSSS! Even if it’s not him and just Sebastian Moran (or a version of him/her) villainin’ it up, I am so pleased about this. (can it even be Moriarty? If they didn’t find his corpse on top of St.Bart’s, why would they be so sure he’s dead?)
22) A third Holmes sibling. INTRIGUED. Hope they’re not dead.
All in all, I liked series 3. :) I do have to say though, the abundance of twists and turns (bit gimmicky at times) made it feel a bit more like fanfiction than a canon adaptation (which to be perfectly true I don’t mind at all, I love fanfiction XD).
I am very much looking forward to the next series and reading about everyone’s metas in the meantime. 8))
Anyone watching Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency on BBC4? I’ve had the books for YEARS and haven’t even read them yet. The 2nd episode was on yesterday and I caught up with the show.
It’s basically a poor man’s Sherlock and John, but sillier. XD I love Stephen Mangan (also of course Our Overlord And Saviour Douglas Adams), so I had to check it out and it’s kinda fun.
Hey, gotta bridge that time SOMEhow! (; (should get to drawing again though)
He’s been discredited at the Yard and EVERYWHERE else. Lestrade would want him to solve cases again (after thoroughly punching him), but of course the higher-ups wouldn’t want that at all and will keep a very close eye on Lestrade if it gets known that Sherlock isn’t dead after all.
There will be a HUGE media circus, much more so than before. Sure, the public memory is short at best, but the press would just dig it all up again, you can’t keep that from happening if THE Sherlock Holmes reappears. If he returns victorious, having taken down all of Moriarty’s henchmen or whatever, I still doubt that they would see him favourably or even believe him (after all it was all done undercover -going by the book canon- and everyone had thought for years that Sherlock hired Moriarty as an actor), and you can’t just turn the public opinion like that again.
I’m sure Mycroft will be able to pull some strings, but honestly… I don’t even know.
So what. WHAT. Will they just keep pretending he’s dead and make it an underground thing (oh my god I would LOVE that, but of course that’s not how it’s going to play out), or are they going to pretend that there aren’t going to be ramifications that big, or…?